Help desk softwares has evolved considerably during the last couple of years, as meeting customer needs and addressing their grievances is the crux of any business. Ticketing software need to collate all the information regarding the customer issues from multiple sources in a single platform. Customer complaints need to be addressed systematically and efficiently to foster the business.
Ticketing software can be chosen after considering several pointers like ITIL support, asset management, customer support etc.
We have taken the fight to the finish amongst 5 of the best helpdesk systems available in the market. These are open sourced and can be simply downloaded over the web, at a price, of course.
An effective ticketing system has to be interactive in nature. It also needs to be multi-channelled and most importantly, reduce the bottlenecks in the support process.
The feature rich Freshservice, has a strict ticketing tool as well as an asset management tool as well.
- It delivers only what is needed, and has been shaved off of
- It is available over the web and is 100% Saas compliant.
- It has the best
in linedata security and provides innovative automation techniques. The system follows a robust ticketing tool, where users can create, edit, update and close the issue based on the issue tracker which is in-built in the tool. It follows strict adherence to ITIL components like Asset, Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management. It can be deployed with ease and has an extensive knowledge base covering all aspects of the software.
- Freshservice also features a range of native integrations – JIRA, FreshBooks, Harvest, CloudWatch to quote a few
- Ability to incorporate CAB ( Change Advisory Board) helps to gather opinion from different members
It is pretty new in the
- It has all the basic essentials of a helpdesk and also has asset management as well as performance management tools.
- It is suitable for all types of organisations and starts off with a free version. Once you have got the full taste of it, one can go for the advanced version of the tool.
- It can be quickly installed and has the ability to streamline all IT and non-IT activities.
- It is fully compliant to ITIL best practices and supports all mobile platforms, giving access to solutions, 24/7.
The guys at Spiceworks have raged a storm, by introducing a complete pack of a helpdesk ticketing software, free of cost. Yes, absolutely free. The post implementation support also comes free.
- It makes it most ideal for a small and beginner type of business to lay their hands on this ticketing system and get a feel of how the ticketing is managed.
- It provides a knowledge base and also offers customized reports and dashboards.
- It has a unique UI for better ease of use.
- The support reps can be reached 24/7 by phone, email or even chats. What more could one want from a helpdesk system.
- The free version comes with adwares, but this can be done away with the lower cost version.
- Even the free versions are totally customizable and can be moulded as per requirements of the organisation.
- Some of the other features worth mentioning are customizable permissions and team productivity metrics and the ability to incorporate 150 third party apps
It is the newest entrant into the Saas based solution management software and has come to make a mark.
- Its modern outlay and intuitive knowledge base, makes it a flexible and dynamic process and support management tool. It doesn’t have big names to its list of customers, but still, with its complete pack, just like the ones above, gives it an edge over others which lack basic essentials, like ticketing as well as ITIL best practices.
- It has modern features like calendar sharing and collision impacts, tracking financial and inventory etc.
- There are also other snazzy add-ons like problem management, which showcases the root cause of the problems and perform trend analyses as well.
- Moreover, it can capture IT related costs and these can be reported in dashboards to the management.
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
It is one advanced tool that every business must look forward to.
- It includes project and contract management apart from the intrinsic value of issue management and also adheres to ITIL best practices.
- The ticketing system is a touchstone in this field, with automatic assignment of issues to service reps, based on their availability as well as ticket load, thereby increasing
overallefficiency of the team alongwiththe individual’s performance. The tickets are automatically classified, prioritized and assigned respectively, through pre-defined business rules. It offers the most pragmatic approach in handling tickets wisely,so that there is no overburdened service rep whereas a totally free service rep. It creates the most wanted balance between the two.
- The UI is also fresh and much easier to use. ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus brings speediness to the users by applying a single button incident creation, and all other buttons are placed clearly in the page layout.
Taking a wild call will not help for sure. So to help you out, we have brought forward the best in the class ticketing software. Considering them would make you more in sync with the standards and innovations.
The basic advantages of using a helpdesk must meet your corporate needs and help the team to respond quickly and effectively to each and every ticket raised.